Saturday, March 3, 2007

Studio/Workspace Tour

This is a bit of a joke/parody of the featurette CBR is currently doing about different writer & artists' studios. But also mayhaps it will helpful to anyone who is interested. So here we go.

(IMAGE RETURNING SOON)

This is where I do all my pencils and inks (which means sitting there drinking tea in my pajama pants until 4am). Nothing too fancy. I got me a little lazy susan thing to hold my pencils and pens. It's actually set-up at my dining room table right now 'cause I don't have a real office at the moment.

(IMAGE RETURNING SOON)

Here is where I do all my script writing and coloring. I'm actually waiting on the funds to get a new scanner so I can scan the comic boards I've been working on. I run a G4 eMac right now. I plan on getting more RAM in the very near future so it runs a little smoother. I also have a Wacom Graphire3 drawing tablet, I'd like to upgrade to an Intuos or Cintique once I have more monies but that's just not gonna happen right now. I usually use Abobe Photoshop CS2 for coloring and putting the books together. I do all my web design stuff on this computer as well. This is actually setup in my bedroom right now due to the lack of a real office once again.

(IMAGE RETURNING SOON)

Here's my sketchbook (the black book) and my note book (the maroon book). I use the note book for brainstorming different ideas usually while lying in bed at 5am. There's also a note pad there that I use to write down little crap for myself. You can also notice the mirror that I use to help me figure out facial expressions and to help me get dressed in the morning. (How risque!) There's also some other papers there; some reference material for Pulp. You can also see my Hellboy action figures. Yes, I am a huge dork and obsessive Hellboy/B.P.R.D. fan.

(IMAGE RETURNING SOON)

Here's my bookshelf with some of my comics. Mostly there's trade paperbacks and graphic novels, but there are some loose issues mixed in. I use these as reference material and of course for pleasure reading. I keep buying comics telling myself that it's for inspiration. There's also some toys and knicknacks on the shelf.

(IMAGE RETURNING SOON)

Here's my corkboard that is remarkably empty at the moment. Usually, it's cluttered as all hell, usually to the point where I can't find shit.

(IMAGE RETURNING SOON)>

I keep a lot of toys and little crap around just to keep the environment fun. Also some action figures are great for coming up with different poses. I especially like using my Roger and Lobster Johnson figures for that. As you can see my geekiness runs from Star Wars and Lord of the Rings to Invader Zim and Ghostbusters and more. And there's a beer-cozey that my friend Eva made me.

(IMAGE RETURNING SOON)

I also have lots of movie and music posters up. I'm a big Evil Dead and Nightmare Before Christmas fan as you can see. I've also got a couple movie banners (the little signs they put above the entrance to the theater so you know what movie you're going to see) that I got from a friend who works at a theater.

Well that's it for now. Or at least until I have a proper office. Hope you guys enjoyed seeing my disaster of a workspace.

No comments: